This is Home - Project Goals
To enable more Bow Valley Seniors to continue to live in the community they love
To allow seniors to remain in the Bow Valley, close to their families
To provide seniors' housing that is affordable, sustainable and fair
...because this is home.
An additional wing for the Bow River Seniors Lodge, Canmore
- 63 new residential units
- Replacing 58 aging rooms, and adding 5 additional units
- New wing to be constructed behind existing lodge
- Construction started Spring 2015
- Move-in date: December 2017
- New units will offer flexibility in the level of care provided
- Lays groundwork to enable BVRH to offer a higher level of care in future years
- A number of rooms devoted to each level of care can be adjusted as community needs change
- Will help reduce pressure on long-term care facilities in Bow Valley hospitals
Click here to read the This Is Home fact sheet!
Click here to read the latest update from October 10, 2017!